my job

Manila Travel Blog

not really a good dancer

It's been said a lot of times that you are on the right professional track if you totally enjoy your job no matter how mentally and physically tiring it can get.

I've been very fortunate to get a career in airline sales. Specifically, my task is to sell outbound tour packages to various regional and international destinations. In other words, my duty is to offer pleasant travel experiences not only to the Filipino market, but to foreign passengers as well. With my job, I get to meet various people in the field of travel- hotelliers, tour operators, other airline personnel, etc. The perks make it more exciting--- sponsored trips (or free travels!)... are most of the time the reward!

In the end, the satisfaction of my job does not lie on the monetary benefits ( though I'm not really getting much :-D ) nor the exciting rewards that I get... but knowing that I have shared to others the joys one can get from discovering new places, people and culture through travelling.

glennisnz says:
You obviously enjoy your job, it is so important, when you consider how long we spend working at our job. I also just love being a taxi driver.
Posted on: Mar 04, 2008
wanderphoenix says:
Ha ha...great...enjoying one's occupation is something I rarely see and something I strive to achieve. I think you captured the signifigance of it well in your entry. How one spends their days is how they live their life--in heart, mind, action and spirit.
Posted on: Feb 13, 2008
the_bloodsucker says:
melanie: thanks! hope you get to read my featured blog, too... "christmas is indeed about giving" :-D
Posted on: Dec 28, 2007
my team

Speaking of how I really enjoy my job, one of the things I look forward to is a Sales Blitz. For us people in Arline Sales, one of the most effective tool of promoting a product is through it.

Ive had several blitz's in the past but the most recent Halloween Blitz (we did it the week before Nov.1)  that we had was most exciting. In a blitz, our whole team would visit the offices of some 200 travel agents around Metro Manila to promote our additional direct flights from Manila to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sydney and Melbourne.  Wearing our own-desinged shirts, and colorful character head dress/hats, we tirelessly carried out what has to be done for four consecutive days (Oct23-26). The way of promotion was not simple. The news has to be spread through a group song and dance performance. The prime motive- inform them through entertainment. Yes, we had to create our own jingle and dance number.

my head dress- green, yellow and purple

I was entrusted to do the jingle. Having in mind the Halloween theme, I immediately though of Backstreet Boys' Everybody to be our tune. The lyrics of course has to be replaced. For whatever its worth (hahahaha!) here it goes:

Everybody

listen closely

we are ready

got new flights for you

PAL will rock, alright!

hey'a guys we're back again

LAX and sanFo new flights to swing

this november gonna hit the skies

sydney- melbourne 5 times a week

its PR112 ( L.A)

and PR114 (San Fo)

with PR211 (Australia)

we've got everything you need

so better make your bookings now

everybody

Everybody

listen closely

we are ready

got new flights for you

PAL will rock, alright!

i have attached some pics during our blitz. thanks for reading! :-D

cax says:
hehehe...Josh you really hve to record this one and put it in the blog :) hopefully now one can combine Philippines and Asutralia and not travel 20 hrs. between the two continents. But pleeeeeeeeeeeeease get the soundtrack up here :)
Posted on: Feb 23, 2008
the_bloodsucker says:
i work with philippine airlines, nir. ;-)
Posted on: Feb 19, 2008
lprivers says:
ur job sounds very interesting
Posted on: Dec 06, 2007
my team
my head dress- green, yellow and p…
my head dress- green, yellow and …
love these head dresses