Richmond, Virginia - Mission Accomplished!

Richmond Travel Blog

Southern Kitty!

Well, hello Virginia State #19!  Yes, I recently visited the great state of Virginia while attending a friend’s wedding in North Carolina.  I would like to write a blog about it, but unfortunately, I didn’t spend as much time there as I would have like to due to the wedding festivities.  Though, I did spend a large amount of time on the Interstate while going between Richmond, Virginia and Manteo, North Carolina.

Richmond, Virginia is a nice city and the Capitol grounds are quite nice!  I had a nice time running around them and checking out the statues and the great architecture in the surrounding areas.  I even got stuck by a prickly nut thing that fell out of a tree.  I have no idea what it was, but I lived even though it punctured me, so it can’t be all that bad!

Also, while I was in Richmond, I ate at the local Cracker Barrel, rocked in rocking chairs, visited the Poe Museum and the Confederate Museum.  Even though I kept myself busy in the short time I was in Virginia, I still don’t feel as if I got a good feel for what Virginia is truly about!  I think I just may have to go back.  Please, wait for me Virginia…

binky says:
Ah ha! I see you live there so the mystery could be solved! I have no idea what it was. It was brown with spikes and it was really is sharp. I can't wait to go back. I didn't really spend enough time to get a feel for it.
Posted on: Jun 22, 2011
spocklogic says:
Virginia will wait for you - it's a big state with a big heart. Virginia is for Lovers, as the state slogan goes... Hmmm, the prickly nut thing may have been the seed of Liquidambar styraciflua, more commonly known as a 'gumball tree'. They are all over the state of VA.
Posted on: Jun 21, 2011