Point Pleasant, West Virginia - Mission Accomplished!

Point Pleasant Travel Blog

On No Mothman!!!

Hello West Virginia, State #23!  This state wasn’t even on the radar at the time I went until I was pulled in by the Mothman Festival and now…I am a believer!  Yes, I love West Virginia!

While in West Virginia, I went to the Annual Mothman festival and even though I did not see the man of the hour for who it was named, I did see the world famous Turtleman of Kentucky!  There we also, drove over the New River Gorge Bridge at least four times in a borrowed car before taking one of its hiking trails that kicked my butt thanks to my craptastic sandals.  Never wear girly sandals on a real hiking trail…  Along the way we had amazing Southern cuisine and even had an adventure in a cave before driving through the gorgeous fall colors of the Appalachian Mountains before yet another crazy hike.  This state did not disappoint!

So if you love the great outdoors West Virginia is the state for you!  Just be aware...I used to think I was a crazy driver until I came to this state!  Oh man!  See you at Seneca Rock and beware the Mothman!!!

To read about my shenanigans in West Virginia head here  ---> http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/79430/Mystery-Mothman-1

Point Pleasant