Manteo, North Carolina - Mission Accomplished!

Manteo Travel Blog

Looking for the Red Dirt!

I had no idea how I was going to make the North Carolina dream happen, but life has a funny way of putting you on track.  Thanks to my friend, Sarah for helping me out.  Well, she would have gotten married regardless, but she was still thrilled to help out with the project!

I had the pleasure of visiting the Outer Banks of North Carolina for her wedding.  I had heard many great things about the Outer Banks, but the experience far surpassed the hype.  It was a fantastic experience, well, except for the mosquitoes.  They really do suck as much as every one said they do.  By the end of the trip I walked away sporting 10 bites on various parts of my body.  Thanks, North Carolina!

The Outer Banks are a great place to just relax and experience the quiet life.  There I experienced, the BBQ, bike rides along the water, the Elizabeth Gardens, great southern food (more BBQ) and hospitality, walks at night and sitting in rocking chairs during the day and chasing after southern kitties. They are everywhere!

My one regret was not seeing the red dirt of North Carolina.  Strangely enough, I was asked twice if I had seen it.  I did Google it though and found nothing about it in North Carolina, so maybe people are messing with me. But if it does exist, I feel just a tad empty inside and must go back to see it.  That or I could just go to Arizona as I haven’t been there, yet.

So thanks state #18 for showing me a great time!  The mosquito bites and the memories will last for a long time!

Check it out --->

binky says:
Indeed! Especially because I have an allergy. Who has allergies to mosquito bites?!?
Posted on: Jun 28, 2011
Stigen says:
I agree , mosquitos do suck !
Posted on: Jun 28, 2011
sarahelaine says:
only ten? Last wedding I went to was in central Scotland, and I gave up counting at 56 bites. Seriously. Horrible midges. But I met this guy... so not a total wash.
Posted on: Oct 22, 2008