Back to Delhi

New Delhi Travel Blog

Two parrots perched, in Lodi Gardens

I decided to stay in Dehi for three days before my transfer to Varanasi. Unlike a lot of people, I love Delhi. There is so much to see and do here. At first it seems smelly, dirty, dusty and full of people about to rip you off. But get off the dirty streets then!! There are beautiful parks, markets, souks, restaurants etc If you wander through Old and New Delhi you will find street upon street with everything oyu could ever want. A street from stationary, one for books, one for greeting cards, one for car parts, one for re-used fridges.. it goes on and on. Always something to see, Chai to drink, and Mango Lassis are only 3 rupees!

On Monday wandered through the Main Bazaar, chatting to Kasmiri shop owners and drinking Kasmiri tea with them. I took a rickshaw to Lodi gardens, I love this place! Spent some time in Connaught place, in the air conditioned mall as it is 43 degrees C. At night met up on a rooftop terrace for a few drinks with a friend.

Tuesday I went to Karol Bagh by metro, and then to train station to book train tickets for Varanasi. Went to Meena Bazaar by Jama Masjid to wath the sunset. Spent the evening talking to some guy about yoga and mediation. In India Sub Cuch Melega - Anything is possible.

Weds, I caught the train to Varanasi, got AC1 Sleeper Class as it is so hot. Cost £9, but got blankets, pillows, towels, sheets and meal included. Shame about the man opposite me snoring all night!

Two parrots perched, in Lodi Garde…
Two parrots perched, in Lodi Gard…
New Delhi