Arrival into CDG

Paris Travel Blog

Eiffel Tower

We arrived around 11 am and were ready to get to the city.   I was thinking it would be a horrible experience with the strike and had contemplated other ways to get to the city.   We decided to at least check the RER station to see what was going on.  It was good that we did because a train was about to leave and we were told it was free because of the strike.    We took the RER to Gare du Nord and transferred to the Nation/Porte Dauphine line.   We rode that line to Place de Clichy and attempted to transfer two stops up from there to Brochant.   There were very few trains operating on that route so we walked to the hotel from Place de Clichy, which was about a half mile.   Our hotel was the Ibis, which is where we often stay in Europe because it is not too expensive.

View from Eiffel Tower
   I was ready to get out, but my family wanted to rest for a couple of hours, so we did.

We headed over to the Eiffel Tower, but once again had to walk to get to the Place de Clichy Metro station.   The line for the Tower ascent was about a half hour wait, so we went up.  We stayed up there for about 30 minutes and then went down to the Trocadero area to get some photos of the Tower.

We then headed over to the Rome Metro stop to try and go to a restaurant that I used to go to called Le Petit Royal.    It was no longer there and so we walked down Rue des Dames and found Alice Pizza.   It was really good and I highly recommend it.   It is at 57 Rue des Dames and the website is www.alicepizza.com.

After a great dinner, we went back to the Ibis and got some much needed sleep.   Day one in Paris was over.

lynnep says:
great pics!
Posted on: Apr 04, 2008
I love this photo!
I love this photo!
Eiffel Tower lit up in the Rugby W…
Eiffel Tower lit up in the Rugby …
Paris