Stonhenge and Bath

Bath Travel Blog

Stonehenge

Today I am beyond excited!!  We are taking the bus out to Stonehenge and Bath.  I have always wanted to see them and now is my chance.

We go to McDonald's for breakfast and end up catching the tour bus there.  We were out late last night so we sleep a good part of the way there.  It's cold out but we walk around Stonehenge when we get there.  I am also told that we are close to where the crop circles are but I don't see them on this trip.  There are ropes up around the monument.  The ropes didn't used to be there but too many people were taking away peices, etc. so now you can only view the monument from afar which is just fine with me.  I pick up a few souvenirs before heading back to the bus.

We drive further out into the country and visit the original Roman Baths.  There is a gorgeous church outside that I admire before entering the museum.  Once inside the Baths we spend a bit of time looking around, taking pictures, etc.  I also pick up a few souvenirs here.

Now we're done with the museum and we decide to go shopping.  I buy some clothes and other misc. items in the shopping area outside.  Eventually we head back to the bus and get home.

Plans for the evening?  Yup, you guess it.  Met Matt and hit another pub.

Citril says:
I loved Stone Henge but was so disappointed that I couldn't actually touch the stones! It has an awesome atmosphere!
Posted on: Jun 21, 2006
My old roommate and I at Stonehenge
My old roommate and I at Stonehenge
Beautiful church outside of the Ro…
Beautiful church outside of the R…
Me at The Roman Baths