Leicester Square

London Travel Blog

Night of the Iguana Sign

Today we decide it's time to go see a play.  There is a great place in Leicester Square that sells theatre tickets for half price and we decide to see Night of the Iguana at the Lyric Theatre.  It's a Tennesee William's play featuring Woody Harrelson so we get tickets in the third row on the end.  After that we decide to grab lunch and just take a quick walk around town.  We stay out for a few hours and head home to get ready for the play.  I am thoroughly excited:  My first play in London!!

When we get to the theatre that evening we buy our programs and take our seats.  The first few rows are reserved for what looks like High School students.  The first act is great and really explores human nature and it's limits.  At the break Heather informs me that it is a London tradition to eat ice cream during intermission so I buy us each one.  We finish and watch the rest of the play.  I really enjoyed it and was quite surprised at how well Woody Harrelson can act.

Another great night in London!!

Citril says:
What .... don't you always have ice-cream at the interval!? We do the same at ballets, gigs, etc too!! And at the cinema! Even in bleak mid-winter!!!
Posted on: Jun 21, 2006