Harrod's

London Travel Blog

Harrods Department Store

It's a cold and rainy day.  I'm pretty tired and I have a huge project to do for university when I return so I decide to take a small part of the day to work on that.  After a couple of hours I'm feeling stir crazy.  I'm only in London for two weeks and I want to get out so I decide to head to Harrod's.  Yes, the shopaholic is hitting Harrod's, get your Charge Card validators ready cause here I come!!

I take the tube and when I see the building I can't wait to get inside.  Yes, it looks like rain is on it's way but that won't get in the way inside.  I walk in and am overwhelmed (which, when it comes to shopping is hard to do to me) at the meer massive size of this place and there are more floors above me?  Oh, I can tell the Visa will be getting some action in here.  I'm not just shopping for me, I have friends, me, family, me, colleagues, me.....haha.

First of all the inside by the escalators has a pyramid, Egyptian motif.  It's gorgeous but I don't take pictures, don't want to look like that much of a tourist.  There is also a grocery store in this place along with eateries, a chocolate area that boasts a Godiva and La Mason De Chocolat to name a few and I feel compelled to buy just a couple of things.  There are name brands in this store as well that I never thought I'd see in person.  I pass a Tiffany's and just have to stop in.  The whole place is gorgeous and I spend a few hours there getting a variety of goods.

I leave and it is raining so I decide to take the tube back and once again have a relaxing evening.

Citril says:
Yup .... this is one awesome store!!
Posted on: Jun 21, 2006