The Last Day

Ko Chang Travel Blog

Nature Rocks restaurant

Though I remain loyal to Siam Huts for a couple of sunset beers, an occasional barbeque or restaurant meal, I take breakfasts at Nature Rocks. Nature has regular tables and chairs scattered on outside tiers. Yellow and white Singha umbrellas cover most areas but I prefer the proper shade at a corner table on the top tier. The new menu reminded me that it is the first of December and my Thailand visa expires tomorrow. The first also marks the beginning of 'the season' and ensuing rise in prices of food and accommodation. Though my rate over at Siam Huts remains at 250, my ham and cheese omelet cost forty Bhat, up from thirty. Two pieces of toast with butter and jam packets are still twenty, as is coffee. Nescafe. When Thais mix a cup, they tend to make it strong. American coffee, like American beer, is rather weak by world standards but I am accustomed to it and don't mind mixing my own light cup.

Beach peddlers
As for the American beer however, I'd prefer a real Budweiser in Prague.

On the stretch of beach between Nature Rocks and the Siam Resort, along the coconut grove, I laid out my beach cloth and went for a few final swims, quickly drying in the mid-day sun. As the tide slowly rose toward a mid-afternoon high, I clicked a few photos of the beach peddlers and the far end of the beach.

The final day passed quickly. In the evening and into the night, I made rounds to my favorite bars from the main road to Nature Rocks to bid friends, old and new, farewell. With the building boom in full swing, there would be many new places to explore when I return in March.

IrisJ says:
We came back from this incredible paradise just last Monday (22.11.09) The beach peddlers are still parading up and down, although they do tend to disappear when it gets hot. One of the best things about this beach is the Nature Rocks restaurant. We discovered that for under £10approx or for less than 400Bht two us could eat like a king or queen from dawn until late at night. The BBQ on the beach in front of the dining area serves the best red snapper and prawns and they do an "All In One Meal" seafood stir fried rice to die for. They have since moved the BBQ to just under the thatched area and they have built a large wooden "terrace" for people to dine a la Roman style ie sitting on cushions. The food is excellent the Singha beer and Gin and Tonics are cold and the service is Thai style for instance if your not in a hurry then neither are they.But then who wants to hurry in paradise. If you find yourself in that corner of the world and you like to people watch while you eat go to the Nature Rocks restaurant, Koh Chang island Thailand its the best!!!!!!
PS One of us is over 60 and the other one is nearly so so don't think that you have to be young to go here.
Posted on: Nov 28, 2009