Forever Yangtze River Tour 2007

Alberta Travel Blog

November 27, 2007

Here I am back home, trying to put together photos and recollect what they are and edit them for TravBuddies to view.  When my friends ask me how was our holiday in China, I end up saying it's wonderful and quite an experience.  Deep inside me, I call this vacation an "Odyssey" --- like a journey that I ran into  obstacles and made it to the end, like in search for the "Golden Fleece" or "The Robe" and find myself satisfied, fulfilled.  Yet I do not regret why I took China.

We were 33 people in this vacation tour, all hopeful to enjoy and learn more of China.  We came to know one another which kept us together, sharing each one's helpful knowledge to walk those narrow streets and crowded places.

Beijing, China

Along our way, some have fallen, but the spirit is always high.  My wife, who is a Registered Nurse, kept checking them how they're managing themselves and gave advices to fight this vomiting and unexpected trips to the washroom.  Thanks to my wife and the group is fortunate and thankful to have her with us, although she herself has caught a mild common colds.

However, there were no changes of tour schedules but kept going.

It is not a vacation that my wife would look forward to, but unexpected happening or emergency calls for a professional to handle the situation.  On our flight back home (to Vancouver), it is very unfortunate and sad that one of us got seriously ill, as my wife who attended to her told the stewardess that she has a stroke or having a stroke, after checking her pulse and blood pressure.  An ambulance was called, and I and my wife left the plane when we knew she's in good hands with the paramedics.  All we hope and pray she is all right, and home for her is still thousands of miles away ...

Shanghai - The Bund