It's begining to look a lot like Disney!

Marne-la-Vallee Travel Blog

The closer the bus got to Disneyland Paris, the more excited chatter you could hear from the little children on the bus. Mark was still a bit wary about the whole trip - it had clearly been my idea! He thought a weekend in Paris and a day at Disney would have done but I managed to convince him this was the best idea. We'd got a really good deal through the travel section of one of the Scottish national newspapers, and got a further discount for some reason, so it worked out much cheaper than Paris for the package!

We were dropped off at the main transit centre at Disneyland Paris, beside the train station from Paris. At this point there were near enough gale force winds and it was raining, ergo Mark was moaning! We tried to get a taxi to take us to the hotel, the Holiday Inn Disneyland Resort which technically in Magny-le-Hongre, Marne-la-Vallee . It isn't an official Disney hotel, but one of a group of 4 hotels very near the park which are serviced by a complimentary shuttle bus - the driver pretty much said no because it was too close and he wrote down the number of the bus we needed to wait for, which was just as well because Mark tried to get us onto two wrong ones before the taxi attempt!

Finally we got on the bus with out luggage after being buffeted around for 20 minutes - the bus is supposed to come every 5 - 10 minutes, and to be fair every other time after that it did. We got checked into the hotel and went up to our room to find some warmer clothes!

The room was beautiful - I've seen from reviews on www.tripadvisor.com that some rooms are family rooms and have circus-themed curtains around kids beds to make them feel as if they have their own room, etc, but we had a standard double, with a big comfy bed, powerful shower and that was all we needed! It looked like any city-centre business type hotel, but had lots of room, including a seating area with sofa and armchairs. We were very impressed with the room and the hotel in general, despite the number of screaming kids running around. The whole hotel was very circus-themed, which was fine considering it's location.

We unpacked really quickly and headed out to the bus back to the park looking like Michelin people!!! :D

On the bus and on our way - yaay!

sylviandavid says:
One thing about Disney.... it draws the kids doesn't it? I can hardly wait to see how Mark and you do inside the park! Sylvia
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007
Devika1985 says:
I would love to visit the park at christmas! must be so magical.
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007
Marne-la-Vallee Sights & Attractions review
Dreams Come True in Europe!
This truly is one of the most magical places on earth! I'll be honest straight from the start though, and I'm not being in any way derogatory to the F… read entire review
Marne-la-Vallee