London Calling

London Travel Blog

London Calling: 10/20/07

Good morning, I just got back from a cold but very fun ride out in the English Countryside. It was quite strange riding on the left side of the road! James’ friend Richard showed up with some extra riding gear for me so I was able to ride in style and comfort. My bike for the ride was a Trek 2300, exact same one I was riding a few summers back. We headed out around 08:15 , it was quite brisk out! I felt like I could sprint forever at this elevation. If I lived out here I would have to buy myself a road bike, the riding is excellent here!

I left for London late in the afternoon, meet up with Kat at the West Ham Tube Station. She lives just down the street from the station. After dropping my gear off at her place we went into London . The tube was absolutely crazy I have never been on the tube when it’s been so jammed packed with people! We walked around Oxford Street doing a little window shopping. After killing a few hours walking around talking we decided to head back to her place. Back into the abyss known as The Tube we went. After watching to women resort to slapping and dowsing one another with soft drinks I must say it is complete madness. We had to wait for the 2nd train before we could get enough room to wedge ourselves onto the train. I could not imagine dealing with this DAILY!

We decided to pick up some pizzas and kick back and watch a few movies. Kat showed me a great show online about the”Haunted Tube” it was quite entertaining. After watching it I was ready to head back to The Tube, but this time late at night when no living soul would be around. She then had to show me program about some poltergeist case that happened not far from here in the late 70’s up on Green Street . We then finished the night of movies with Sico; in German. Even with my limited German Vocab. I can tell you this was a good flick. Kat is scared to even come over to visit me in the US after watching this movie. Tomorrow I am off to see West Ham United take on Sunderland in my first ever English Football Match. I’m very excited!!!

Good night from London