Last Day In Edinburgh

Edinburgh Travel Blog

Edinburgh Day 3: 10/26/07

My last day in Edinburgh was quite the busy day. I decided to wake up early and head up to Arthur’s Seat. It is high above Edinburgh atop a mountain; well not high compared to the mountains I live by but high enough to get a great view of the city and surrounding area. After hitting my snooze button a few times I finally dragged myself out of bed and emerged into a grey cloudy day. Perfect weather for hiking in! The hike was a nice one; I was flying up the trail not feeling any effects whatsoever. It’s nice coming from the high elevation in Salt Lake City to such low elevation over here! The view for the top was amazing. I had a complete unobstructed three hundred and sixty degree view. Did not spend too much time on the peak due to the fact that a storm was blowing in and the temperature was quickly dropping. After a quick stop at a nice café for some warm soup I headed off for the next best view of the city. Climbing a few hundred stairs up a winding narrow staircase I reached the observation deck and gale force winds. The view was well worth the walk up the winding staircase. I only stayed up there for a few minutes; at any moment I was either expecting to blown off the deck or the tower to be blown right over. I then set off to see part of the newer section of Edinburgh and walk around the Royal Mile one last time. By the time I got back to the hostel I was well spent and ready for a little rest and relaxation.

The next day I head off to Inverness ; this is the furthest North I am going on this adventure.

Next stop Inverness and my search for Nessie.

photo by: vances