COME ON YOU IRONS!!!

West Ham Travel Blog

Come On You Irons!: 10/21/07

After a nice sleep in I am off to Boleyn Ground to see The Hammers play. West Ham United is my favorite football team over here in England and the chance to see them live is a dream come true. One of my buddies from The RCB (my football ‘soccer’ support group for Real Salt Lake ) is over here in England for school, so I meet up with him since he too is a big Hammers fan. It was pretty cool to be so far away from Salt Lake City and stand in the hallowed grounds of Boleyn Ground with another RCB member. The match itself was amazing!! The level of play is so fast compared to the MLS in the US . The Hammers struck first, Sunderland came back and tied it 1- 1 in the 2nd half. West Ham was looking a little flat but after a few good subs they went up 3-1. The place went crazy:

“I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high, nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.”

Followed by everyone yelling out

“UNTITED!” along with three fast claps; this is repeated three times.

After the match the queue for the tube was absolutely insane! So my buddy Lurpy and I decided to walk to the West Ham Station. Along the way we were too busy chatting about the match so we ended up getting lost. We did finally find a Tube Station, but since it was close to the West Ham Station I just decided to hoof it there. Silly me!! I did not take into account that tube maps are not anything like scaled street maps. Long story short; I got lost. With no big building to draw and reference too and never being down this area I had to use all my senses for direction.  I finally discovered my way back to Kat’s place. Boy was I happy to see her!! We stayed up late watching more haunted ghost stories.

I am off to York tomorrow, going to stay two nights there.

So far I have not felt like I have been on a big vacation. It had been nice staying with my family and very nice staying with Kat!

Until next time, this is Judge signing off.

West Ham