Salt Lake City to London via Atlanta

Salt Lake City Travel Blog

Salt Lake City to London via Atlanta:10/17-18/07

Hello from jolly old England. I arrived yesterday tired and weary from the long day of flying. The weather in Salt Lake was rainy with a very nice electric storm rolling through the valley, was a little scared that my flight could have been delayed due to the storm. I arrived in Atlanta with over three hours to kill before my flight to London.

The flight from Atlanta to London was the best international flight to date that I have been on. I basically had the entire back of the plane all to myself. I took up three seats in the center and made a nice little bed to sleep on. I was able to get a few hours of sleep, but I am never able to get really deep restful sleep during flights. Watched a few movies and TV shows on the flight, always helps pass the time!

Arriving in London my uncle James was there to pick me up. We did some running around the Greater London area before heading back to the house. It was very nice to see my Aunt & Uncle along with my cousins. By this time I was now feeling very tired and ready to find the nearest bed or couch.  With a few hours of good sleep I was ready to take on England. James and I went for a nice walk around the countryside. My family over here lives in this very nice area called Bobbingworth, They only have a few neighbors, and the rest of the area is farming land. By about 21:00 I was ready to crawl back into bed and sleep. I have found I adapt easier to the time change coming over here than when going back to Salt Lake. I think it is due to the excitement of coming over here. After the first day of grogginess and naps I am up to speed by the following day, while back home it takes several days to get back up to speed.