Caernarfon – London

Wales Travel Blog

Wales's longest town name
 Headed off at 8am over to the Isle of Anglesey where we visited Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

This has the second longest town name in the world and we stopped here just for a photo opportunity.

An hour or so down the road our last stop in Wales was a quaint little town built around a church called Llangollen. Here we looked around craft and souvenir shops and picked up lunch.

We travelled over the boarder back into England listening to Dougie's ipod and his funny jokes along the way.

Stopped for an hour in Stratford Upon Avon for lunch. Went for a look at Shakespeare's birth place and around the town which was very pretty and had loads of old tudor style shops and a beautiful river where longboats were moored and a market going on. I bought some wooden roses and some lunch.

Headed back to London around the M25 and arrived at the Haggis office at 5.

Shakespeare's birth place
45pm. I headed off to Victoria station and got the tube to Paddington.

Got a fast train to Reading straight away and Dave collected me from there.

My impressions of Wales were what I expected really, the landscape was a cross between England, flat rolling hills and valleys and the higher areas reminded me of New Zealand with the lakes, mountain streams and cliffs.

The people were friendly and very proud of their heritage and country and I was surprised at how many people I heard speaking Welsh.

Some of the towns were stunning, especially the ones in the National park where the buildings and walls were made of slate.

Overall the trip was well worth it and I met some interesting and funny people.

Waless longest town name