On route to the River Ganges

Allahabad Travel Blog

Lat night we took an overnight train to Allahabad which was not a nice experience. I couldn't sleep so I stayed up and read for a long time. In the morning we couldn't wash or anything so felt pretty rank by this point. We caught a bus to a hotel to have breakfast but couldn't freshen up there either. From there we caught another bus that took us to the first Prime Minister of India's house to look around. Ghandi spent a lot of time there. I bought a few books to send home.

We then caught the same bus to take us to the river for our Ganges River Sailing trip for the next two days. As you can imagine, not much time to freshen up here either! The sailing was amazing. We literally kicked back and relaxed for two days while we slowly sailed down the river. There was a cooking boat that produced some amazing meals. All three boats joined up to eat and then slowly sailed off again. We stopped off on a desert island for the night. We had tents and a toilet tent which consisted of a dug out hole. Some of us went for a walk and found a skeleton that hadn't completely decomposed. There was still flesh and ligements all over it. Spookey!

photo by: royalrider