Nassau, Round II

Nassau Travel Blog

So, here I am again. In Nassau, Bahamas. I always find it funny when I pull into this port and see two military ships parked in the basin. It seems kind of awkward for such a small country to have a Navy. Maybe they use them for drug busts or something, I guess that would make sense. Anyhow, I had visited Nassau once before when I was younger. This time it was much different than I had remembered it. Nassau got a face-lift and looked rather nice nowadays. I guess a lot can happen in 10 years.

We booked the Historic Island Tour. We saw Queen Anne's Staircase, a fort, the governor’s house and a burning car in the parking lot. Queen Anne's Staircase was neat because the stairs were hand carved by slaves. It wasn't the most exciting of tours but it was educational and on this cruise I decided I was going to try and do history related tours instead of the usual snorkeling and beach activities. We spent some time at the Straw Market which made me just as leery as it did when I was a kid. I feel the same way when I'm at flea markets and such, I just feel out of my element, I'm not really sure why. Does this make me a snob?

Nassau