Saint Thomas Travel Blog

Holy cow is this place beautiful! Nassau has nothing on the USVI. St Thomas is incredible! I was surprised by all of the lush green hills, the only other Caribbean island I've been to is Nassau which was flat. St Thomas was like the polar opposite of Nassau, I really could see myself living here. Again, we did the historic island tour. Our tour guide was hilarious. The roads here were very steep and had difficult turns. We were riding around in a trolley and bottomed out several times. One multiple turns we had to back up in order to make it around the corners and up the hills. Here we visited a shopping market where they had the best tasting banana rum I've ever had. I spent some time swinging on porch swings over looking the bay.

We also visited The Great House where I decided I want to get married...someday. It was beautiful! In the front there was a beautiful tropical garden and in the rear there was a gazebo that was out on a point over looking the bay.

Something I found interesting while on the tour was the amount of roosters walking around the streets and the strong smell of marijuana...maybe we were just in a rough part of town. I was more surprised by the roosters than the marijuana.

At the Great House