Final Day in Singapore

Singapore Travel Blog

Four sacks of potatoes please

Classically we started our trip getting duped on our first meal - having ordered about 6 apparently 'small' dishes...ha! Anyway, it was delicious so we weren't complaining too much.

The city is pretty cool, ultra efficient clean, air conditioned (even on the tube!) and not really polluted. Kind of reminds me of canary wharf - hints to it's past with historic buildings, structures & monuments etc, which seem to have no relevance to the current day - it's all surround by towering highrise office blocks with not a spot of litter in sight. What was once a bustling port up until the 1970s, it's history is now alluded to through bronze sculpture stragetically placed around the river.... nice but perhaps a little souless.

Our second day in Singapore was a bit tough, since we were both suffering from jet lag.

Gay cats
.. so we did little and went around in a bit of a haze. We went to little India in the morning - bascially where the Indian community have settled, and then we on to to a Boat Trip in the PM - thank goodness a sit down. Since it rained in the PM, we settled on looking around a SE Asia Museum. On the way back to the hotel, we saw possibly the worst transvestite I have ever seen... tights with sandles, a moustache and a man's haircut... I mean why even bother. Pretty hilarious though.

After freshening up back at the hotel (+ 1hr of sleep) we went back to little India for dinner... fantastic local restaurant and it only cost us 1 pound each! I think we've made up for our first night.

Last day in Singapore was probably my favourite. Finally starting to feel a bit more normal having adjusted to local time.

Our first stop was the botanical gardens - absolutely beautiful + enormous! After a tiny bit of rain in the morning we stopped for lunch and had a crab pasta dish that any italian would have claimed to call their own. The we went off to take a look around the Orchid Garden... amazing. I've never seen so many orchids in one spot and so many varieties...just beautiful. Lots of pictures of flowers as you can see!

We were in the gardens for most of the day before heading back into town for dinner in China Town. The bus took us down the main shopping high street - and may I say, Singapore is the ultimate girls jaunt... the shopping is "absolutely fabulous" - actually, perhaps dangerous would be more apt. Maybe best to take a man with a fat wallet and generous spirit instead!

China Town was nice - but very much geared towards the tourists. After grabbing some noddles it was back to the hotel room to pick up our luggage and catch the train to Kuala Lumpur. Train was due to leave at 10pm, arriving in Kuala Lumpur at 7.30am the following morning.

rjgugas says:
Ahhhh, I love the smell of durian fruit in the morning. Obviously, reading this at work in a dark rainy Manchester I'm very jealous but seeing the pictures of your sleep deprivation has cheered me up some. Keep up the good work - Alan Whicker would be proud..
Posted on: Nov 30, 2007
Nice!
Nice!
They saw me coming
They saw me coming
I like orchids! Can you tell?
I like orchids! Can you tell?
For Harry
Boat Quay
Boat Quay
Spicy!!
Spicy!!
Oxford Street eat your heart out!
Oxford Street eat your heart out!
Orchard Road Xmas lights
Orchard Road Xmas lights
Singapore Railway Station - on our…
Singapore Railway Station - on ou…