From Madrid to Krakow...via London

Krakow Travel Blog

in the Main Square

Well, on August 2 I flew back from Boston to Madrid, where I stayed for a few days in the old apartment.  Nothing special, just making plans.  I had a job interview in Krakow, which was my destination.  So (alone) I made my way to Madrid's Barajas airport (I hated that one...) and flew to London-Luton airport.  I stayed overnight because my flight to Krakow wasn't until the next day.  The hotel was fine, it had internet (had to pay extra...), and I got to watch an old episode of NCIS.  I'd found the street names in my guidebook, so I knew where I was going.

Being back in Krakow was nice since I already knew the city well enough.  And this time, I had a cheap hotel room instead of a hostel.  It was nice enough.  I figured out how to ask for a bus ticket since it was too far to walk to the main part of the city.  Other than the person I was supposed to meet at a cafe standing me up, it was an unexciting trip.  I walked around some, took a few pictures that are on my other computer and generally tried to keep myself occupied.  I left Krakow on Aug. 10, flying from Krakow to Warsaw and then down to Prague... on the same day as something happened at London Heathrow.  I'm glad I was flying to Prague because flights going to the UK were being cancelled all over the place, but my flight was normal.  TBC...

near the Main Square