Such great memories Oct 6th-14th

Maldives Travel Blog

Having now returned to the UK, which I might add is cold!! but sunny today. I miss the warmth and relaxation of my trip to the maldives, cruising the Islands with nothing but sun, warmth and the sea. I travelled with the company Explore, this was my 4th trip with them, and it was again a great time. there were 8 of us on the boat with a crew of 4 and our tour leader.

Flying into Male airport was an experience in itself, not just about the scary landing on such a small island, but seeing the beautiful atolls from the air, and the amazing colours of the sea.  We were greeted by our tour leader ' Boo' a great character as we all soon discovered, thenon leaving the airport, boarded a small dinghy to take us to our Dhoni boat "Gufaam", after getting settled in it was time to just sail away!

First night a little scary, as it became very cloudy and the rain arrived, and did it rain!! the crew 'battened down the hatches' and we all just stood on deck underneath the awnings watching this storm in the pitch black! wondering if this was what our paradise holiday was going to be!  thankfully it wasn't, and the following day the sun was out and the waters were calm and a fantastic shade of blue and green.

A typical day, well, sat on deck reading in the sunshine, while travelling to the next deserted Island to snorkell, explore and swim. Ideallic! our food was amazing, what the chef produced in that tiny galley was wonderful! fresh caught fish every day, rice and salads, I have never eaten so healthily! and to suddenly see wild dolphins swimming besides the boat, and then leaping out of the water, our own private show, was amazing. the life under the water was also stunning, seeing the odd turtle was a bonus too.

Visiting some Islands we saw the devastation that the Tsunami had caused, and there is still a huge clear up going on. The Islanders were always welcoming, and Boo was a great tour guide telling us the history of the islands and the effect the Tsunami had, and is still having.

A Holiday I shall put up there with my favourites, it was what a holiday should be, completely relaxing. Oh the thoughts of returning to work!