Hi Friends from Iquitos Peru

Iquitos Travel Blog

Hi friends, I am back in Iquitos Peru. Sorry I haven't posted here lately. I do better when I can obsess on one or two problems. I have been working on too many problems. I had to decide which were most important and work on those. This blog suffered.  Now I want to report what my crew and I have been working on.

We are rebuilding our Amazon riverboat, Dawn on the Amazon I. It is longer and wider and can sleep more guests than before. We improved the balance by installing a 100 gallon gas tank in the front. The extra width will improve stability. The improvements will solidify Dawn on the Amazon I as the safest expedition riverboat in Iquitos Peru.

My son Matt visited me for several weeks. It was his second visit to Iquitos Peru.  We went on an Amazon cruise to Tamshiyacu Tahuayo Reserve and then left three days later for Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. I will write posts about those Amazon cruises here in a few days.

I have been writing more and working on another web site for the Amazon Golf Course, located here in Iquitos Peru. I will tell you about that when I get the web site on line. It is the only golf course in the Amazon.

My girlfriend and I have been working a lot. Yesterday we went swimming at La Casa Fitzcarraldo. If you come to Iquitos Peru, stop in at La Casa Fitzcarraldo, and enjoy the small botanical garden, hang in a hammock, and swim. The owner was the Executive Producer of the movie Fizcarraldo, directed by Hertzog. Fitzcarraldo is the most famous movie made in Iquitos Peru.

It is great to be back in Iquitos Peru.

Thanks for reading.