Life in Lisbon

Lisbon Travel Blog

9.25.07 - Tuesday

We arrived in Lisbon at 11am. After lunch we headed into town. We stopped at McDonald’s to use the internet then we went to the local grocery store. We are in the heart of city. I’m amazed by the graffiti. It’s present on every building and wall in sight. Even historical and city buildings. Also there are several homeless people. They are fearless and make their presence known by begging openly. As we were walking back to the boat, I passed by an elderly homeless women who reeked of urine. I couldn’t stop thinking about her that evening and prayed for her before going to bed.

9.26.07 - Wednesday

At 8am we started morning lectures. The Lisbon YWAM team came to visit. We learned about the city and prayed for intercession. Then we took a train and the subway to their base. They made us lunch. It was fabulous! We played soccer in the back yard - which was soo much fun. Then we took a tour of Sintra. The city was beautiful. There were castles, beautiful views, local shops, fountains, and statues. Then we headed back to the boat for dinner. A local youth group were our guests for the evening. They were so excited to be onboard. I was exhausted after going for 14 hours straight so I headed to bed.

9.27.07 - Thursday

We have lectures all morning, then we were given the afternoon off to go into town before we set sail. I went with Dan to McD’s - we spent 2 hours on the internet. I finally was able to upload some of my photos. We went to the Post Office to mail postcards, then we had to be back on board at 5pm. After eating dinner, we set sail at 7:30pm. As we were leaving the port the BIGGEST full moon I’ve ever saw was setting. It was glowing orange. What a beautiful ending to a long day.