with our youthgroup in prague

Prague Travel Blog

me and my colleague went in 2005 and 2006 with a youthgroup to prague. the main reason we stayed there was for visting the concentrationcamp "theresienstadt" (about an hour drive from prague). but it's hard to find people for the concentrationcamp only. so we decided to make this citytrip and find out what the jewish lifestyle in prague was/is, too.

the group's members were between the age of 16 to 31 (there were some places left and we sold them even to older people who wantedt to come with us). we always went there by train what took us about 14 hours to get there from our trainstaion in iserlohn to main trainstation in prague. a guide from our organizingcompany waited for us and brought us to our ho(s)tel "Českomoravská".

in the evening we decided to explore prague @ night and had dinner (mostly all together). the next day was lik a touristday with sightseeing like old town, charlesbridge, jewish lifestyle and the kathedral.

on the 3rd day we mostly made our trip to the concentrationcamp "Theresienstadt". it was an half day trip and the rest of the day was sparetime in prague. after breakfast on the next day we'd to leave for our train and in the evening we were back in iserlohn, germany ;).

pueppi says:
der bus sieht aber echt kultig aus, schöne fotos
Posted on: Oct 20, 2007
Prague Hostels review
the ho(s)tel "Českomoravská" is located about 300 m to the metrostaion "Českomoravská" and next to Szaka Arena. the hostel offers doublerooms and … read entire review
Prague Hotels & Accommodations review
great place to stay in prague
i stayed in the Pension Balbin with my parents, sister and her girlfriend and my girlfriend for 3 nights in june 2007. the outside appearance can be a… read entire review