Parati, Brazil (Again)

Parati Travel Blog

Freida at lunch

So I decide to head back down to Parati with the new group for a couple of days to escape the madness of Rio. Andy and I head out to pick up Freida (that's the name of the truck) from truck park and head back in to pick up everybody else. There's a few goodbyes to be done from the rest of the group before we head away. My navigation skills are put to use as Andy and I try and get out of Rio, after one wrong turn we manage to get on the right road and head to Parati. Stop at a wee lookout for lunch, then it's a quick stop at the supermarket and the to the camp site. Help set up tents etc and then it's dinner and drinks.

The next day it's off on the boat cruise again. This one is a lot quieter as everyone's a bit reserved as it's the second day of the tour as opposed to the last one like ours.

Islands on our boat trip
But it's still a good time. Get back and Mel, Andy and I do a BBQ for dinner with the obligatory beers. Then it gets a bit messy with drinks on the EOE truck and Zane, Kat, Will, Jo and Drew. The party goes on a bit late and we annoy a few people with some pretty bad singing. Sorry Mel and Andy!!!

The next day it's up early and help Mel and Andy pack up the truck before saying our goodbyes. And then watch as Freida leaves. Man would have loved to stay and kept on travelling. Head in to town and do a bit on the internet before heading back and helping pack up the EOE truck. Go and check into a hostel for the night and chill out for a bit. Then meet up with EOE guys for dinner then it's back to the hostel and some cards with some random before heading to bed.

Street in Parati