Parati, Brazil

Parati Travel Blog

Our boat for the day

So after the luxourious night in Tres Lagoas in a hotel it's off towards the coastal town of Parati. We have a couple of days on the truck and the first night is at a campsite where we have a quiz night. The quiz is questions all purtaining to what's happened on the tour so is quite amusing. My team comes second but I think we were hard done by with a couple of the umpires decision!!

The next morning it's up and of to Parati once there we have a quick supermarket stop to stock up on food and beer before heading to the campsite. Once there it heaves it down. So all the tents etc are put up in the rain and everyone and everthing gets quite wet! Hamish and Katie turn up and a few of us head across the road to the beach front bar, to keep dry of course!! Then it's back for dinner and bed.

Up and Alex cooks me breakfast and then it's into town to catch the boat for a day trip round the islands. Of course we take a chilly bin full of beers with us and the gimp(funnel). The day is spent sunbathing, drinking, swimming and drinking. A fe of us join the el litro club which means 1 litre of beer through the funnel. Wicked! We get back to shore around 4pm and head back to the camp for general shananigans and dinner. Lets just say the night went on and I went to bed a little worse for wear!

Mark joining el litro club