Buenos Aires (Again)

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

Our flash hotel

So we make it to BA OK. But when we try ti transfer we're told that there's no flight. Ace! But they send us in to town to a flash hotel. They pay for our dinner etc. We just chill and watch TV and have a couple of beers.

The next day we  go for a bit of a walk round the shops and look at different things and generally bide our time till we are sposed to be picked up from our hotel. We talk to someone else who's in the same boat and find out more about what's happened. Apparently on the Sunday the pilots refused to take the plane so that flight was cancelled and everybody from that flight was re-booked on to our flight the night before, yes there was a flight last night. And now they've got a big back log of people trying to get on flights.

Main street of BA
No worries we were told we'd be on tonight's flight. So after waiting and our ride not turning up we grab a taxi to the airport(we get a receipt and get our money back) we try to check in again only to be told 'since you didn't check in for last nights flight we canceled your tickets'. What?????? We managed to stay calm and point out their mistake but there's nothing they can do. We get the supervisor over and talk to her and all she can do is put us on standby. We manage to get Katy on the flight as she has to be back for a wedding, my brother in laws stag do didn't win out over that. Hamish almost gets on it but no dice. But we do get boarding passes for the next flight, in two days time!! So it's back in to town for H and I.

We spend the next day doing FA, but we do hook in to the mini bar as it's all on the airline. That night we meet up with some other who are in the same boat and end up making a night of it, we get in to the hotel around 7am. Nothing like a bit of last night madness. Good times and a wicked club to boot.

The next day is spent in bed sleeping and feeling sorry for ourselves. Before finally managing to get a flight back to NZ. My advice never fly Aerolineas Argentinas. Not only did the stuff us round completely there service and planes are shite!!!

Well I hope you all enjoyed my little adventure, I know I did. Big thanks for all those that made it fun. Katie, Hamish and Paul for putting up with me through it all. Mel and Andy for being the bestest crew ever and everyone else on the truck, you guys rock. And of course everyone I met along the way. I know I had a wicked time and recommend South America to you all!!!