On the move

El Calafate Travel Blog

I manage to get on an earlier flight to El Calafate yesterday so I landed here at 17:45. It was a bit hectic yesterday because afer I checked in I remembered that when I booked my ticket from Punto Arenas to Stantiago I dint get a paper ticket (I was in a terrible hurry when I bought it). So I had to take a taxi back to town to pick it up. Guess what? It was an electronic ticket... Bastards, I could have done all this online and saved money. I never thought they would be this advanced in the small cities here.

I got plenty of time to find a place to stay in El Calafate to I took the option of camping to try our my equipment before I head into Torres del Paine. Went to the supermarket to buy food and manage to find gas for the stove as well.
Satt chatting away in the camping ground with 2 french guys going up to Fitz Roy and a couple from Ireland. It was a nice quiet evening.
No trubble sleeping when using earpluggs. It is a lot warmer here then in Ushuaia. Packed everything together and took the buss to the Perito Moreno glacier. The weather gods are still on my side since it is a clear blue sky and almost no wind. Took a 1 hour cruise along the glacier which was nice. We got a bit close here then we did during the Antartica trip. Up at the walkways along the glacier I manage to take some photos as big chunks of ice fell into the water below, it was a terrible sound.

Going to take the bus Puerto Natales in Chile this evening. After that I am heading straight into Torres del Paine as soos as I can so there might be a long time before the next update. I have head that there is still lots of snow in the mountain pass and the trail I was planning to take maight be closed. We will see when I get there!

El Calafate