Torres Del Paine Travel Blog

It was cold, very cold when the alarm went off at 4:00. "Please let it be cloudy so
I can go back to sleep again!"
When I looked outside the tent I could see stars in the sky... So up and away to the
mirrador to watch the sunrise. I was shaking so bad when I was getting dressed, it
was not fun at all.
The trip up was hell! Didn't go the correct way up so it was more rocky then it should be. With no
breakfast and not enough dinner my legs were as spaghetti when I finally made it up
there. Luckely I brought some dry clothes with me because I was soaked in sweat!
The sunrise was really nice and the pinnacles got much more orange then I thought
they would.
When I got back down to the camp I took out some chicken pasta, made a steady
breakfast and went to bed again.
Since I was in no hurry I decided just to walk down to where the bus dropped us off (Las Torres)
2 days ago and camp there while team swiss was going for a long walk to Camp
I had a really pleasant walk down. I took it nice and easy and the weather was good.
Pitched my tent and took a almost hotshower. It had the temperature of "should I
stay in the shower or get out of here?"
At 17:50 I was at the refugio trying to get a beer and get some food. That proved to
be a real challange, talk about disorganised! Well I hooked up with a belgian couple
that spkoe spanish and at around 21 (and one beer and a bottle of red wine) we
manage to get some food.
After dinner it was straight to bed since the red wine really hit hard.
Torres Del Paine