Feels like home

Cesis Travel Blog

So last weekend I went to Riga once again. If you are bored here there is nothing easier than to just on a bus on Friday evening and be in Riga still in time to get to some bar and get a few drinks with the friends. Saturday was hectic, we drank coffee, took a quick walk and in the evening we went to Jurmala Spa hotel to have some relaxing time in saunas, pools and jacuzzi. That was very refreshing, especially after several crazy weeks at work. Hot saunas and cold showers, aromatic baths and a cup of green tea in the pool... We have to do it more often. Then we went to the bar near the river to see what is Lapu Balle is. This is something like a autumn holiday, people dress funny, sing funny songs and throw yellow leaves at each other.

Have to say this was all too loud for us after the relaxation we had had so we didn't spend a lot of time there preferring to go home, drink wine and watch several parts of House.

The country is all covered in gold. I have never seen anything like that here. All trees are covered in all tones of yellow, brown and red. So beautiful. On Sunday we went driving to Cesis, a small old town 100km from Riga. All the way there I wanted to start crying: stop here, stop here, I want to take pictures of all this coutryside. We were lucky, it was very sunny and though it was almost zero degrees, the air was fresh. I have never been there before. I heard that there is a castle in Cesis, I can't say it looked like castle, just some stony walls and a pond. The town itself was very nice, small streets, nice windows, everything so clean. But i couldn't get away from the thought that I was in Estonia. Everything looked so ... estonian :)

Next I need to see Ventspils. In several week, probably.

Cesis