french stoner and a legend

Bordeaux Travel Blog

Wet, cold and sititng on the side of motorway at 7 am, I couldnt help but be pessimistic. But sure enough, along came a bit of luck and we were picked up by a french stoner carrying seeds back from amsterdam. The social worker and guitar maker drove us 3-4 hours to nantes, where he drove us to the south side to get our next hitch. As he drove off he threw us one of the joints from his special crop. Within 10 minutes, we were picked up by a lad named Mark. He was traveling to Bordeux on business. We drove for about 5 hours. Upon arriving, we bought a cheap bottle bordeux and walked around the city while Mark was doing work. Bordeux is a nice city with a beautiful cathedral. We went back to the hotel and went with Mark to dinner. He jokingly was unimpressed with our wine ignorance "wine out of the bottle, just horrible." He took us to an amazing, quaint little restaurant, Lacsar. Funny enough Lacsar means rascal in french, look at it backwards. The meal was incredible and even came with a couple free french liquors at the end. My "cultured" friend and I took the shot like the students we are, as Mark laughed, slowly sipping and enjoying his drink.
photo by: anywien