Going home...

Phoenix Travel Blog

OK... well technically, in the words of Jim Croche, New York's not my home - but the east coast is.  I'm from the place of colder weather, grittier streets, taller buildings, changing leaves and that indescribable feel in the air that tells you that you're in the Northeast of the USA.  So anytime I get back there, to New York, New Jersey, DC, or my home of Philadelphia, there is an immediate difference in my demeanor.  I belong here.  I connect here.  I feel more alive, and I breath better.  I wonder why I ever left, and I wonder how soon I can come back.  What better place to go for my birthday?

Plus, my best friend in the world now lives in Brooklyn.  Bethy and I have been best friends for going on 14 years, and she is my touchstone.  She's currently an Assistant DA for the Brooklyn DA's office.  Her boyfriend, Chris, is an incredible guy who I love dearly.  Beth always makes fun of our own personal love affair we have with each other (predominately focused on singing bad 80's music in Irish pubs).... I love them both, and will be staying with them for these 8 coming days...

...or should I say most of them?  Because we have yet to mention my final reason for heading to New York; Travbuddy's own Andi Perullo, who has become one of my dearest friends - and whom I have yet to spend time with in person.

Time for a trip.

sunsetrosebud says:
Yeah for you and Andi and Beth. Hope you all have a great time.
Posted on: Jan 19, 2008
AndiPerullo says:
I love my little shoutout! We are going to have the BEST time celebrating your Birthday darling. The East Coast is ready to have you back. :)
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007