Final Decision made.

Phoenix Travel Blog

Initially, I thought I'd do something new and adventuresome for my birthday.  I thought I would pull a mystery location printed on a slip of paper from a large bowl containing about 80 places, and just go wherever it told me to.  I thought I would call my blog "The Diceman Commeth" and be so very clever.

But in the end, tickets were expensive, I missed my friends, and I was ready for some quality time on the East Coast.  Normally, I get back at least once and typically twice a year - now it's been two years, and I don't think I'm handling it well.  I want to see my best friend, I want to see Andi, and I want to see my side of the country.

First thing I had to do of course was get a hold of Beth and check if those dates worked and if she'd be in town.  While this might not sound like much of a hard task... you don't know my best friend.  She is litterally IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of most of the time.  Doesn't answer the phone, doesn't respond to's her second year at the District Attorney's office as an Assistant DA for Brooklyn, and they have been putting her through the ringer in a crazy way - plus some serious family stuff has gone down, so it's been basically hopeless.

I knew this trip was meant to be as soon as I dialed her number, and she actually ANSWERED it - that hasn't happened in just over a year!  I told her the plan, and she loved it - so I bought the ticket the same day, for what I think is a great rate - $288.80 R/T, and that includes all taxes and fees - for a non-stop flight both ways.  YAY!

I called Latifa on my way home, and asked if there was any way in the world she could come up to NYC from her home in West Virgina for that final weekend, for my birthday.  She said yes!!!!!!!  I couldn't believe my good fortune; I've been SO BLESSED to be friends with her and to have her in my life, and FINALLY we would be able to be in the same place so I could hug her in person!!

Next, it was time to tell Andi... I didn't reach her till the next day, to tell her my news in between her patients, that we were finally going to get a whole week in the same town - AND that Latifa was coming too!!  She was really happy, and I was so excited!!  We began to plan how great the birthday night would be with us all FINALLY together at the same time.

aswold says:
had soo much fun. and I got a GREAT hug from you.
Posted on: Feb 18, 2008
sunsetrosebud says:
Fun fun fun.
Posted on: Jan 19, 2008
AndiPerullo says:
I was really happy?! Um, ecstatic is more the right word! Ahhh, I can't wait for us all to be together!!!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007