A relaxing day.

Granada Travel Blog

Today was just a relaxing day.  I didn't wake until late, as usual, and then I walked to the train station which wasn't as far as I thought it would be.  When I came into town I had taken a cab since it was so late but then when I looked at the map a bit I realized that it was close enough to walk.  I figured out the train trip to Cadiz which only costs 4€ since I have the eurorail pass and then on the way back I walked up to Albyzier.  I don't think I spelled that correctly but it is a neighborhood of Granada.  It's the neighborhood that faces Alhambra.  It is a wonderful walk up sloping streets and stairs within a beautiful area. I found a place to take a picture of Alhambra at and then a small cafe where I passed an hour reading and eatching a 'tabla' (a plate) of serrano ham, cheese and some melon while I drank a few cokes.  Serrano ham is like procuttio, it's a dried cured ham that does not need to be cooked.  They slice it very thin and I like eating it with cheese.  The melon was icing on the cake.

As I was hitting the sack early, since the train trip was at 8am, I met my room mates who I had only said hello to in passing.  Another two canadians, a korean, a norweigan, and an englishman.  We must have talked for 3 hours.  All of them were great and it would have been nice to spend more time talking with them, maybe over some beers or wine or something.

photo by: Chokk