A full day

Valencia Travel Blog

The main science museum

Man,  I cannot figure out these siesta things.  Today I woke early but then rolled over for a bit and finally left the hotel about 10am destined for the Science and Arts Museum, Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias. Everything was closed.  Not the museum but everything in between.  I couldn´t understand why all the stores were closed at that hour.  I thought it may have been some kind of holiday but I never was able to confirm that.

I made it to the Museum rather quickly as this is a small town so it didn´t take too long to walk there.  Right at the start I had to decide which Imax show I wanted to watch.  I wanted to see one called the Adventures of Shackleton but they were booked up.  The first show I could see was a Cirque de Solei show at 8pm.

The gardens near the museum.
  When I booked that I forgot that the paella cooking class was tonight and was just looking for a movie that wouldn´t keep me out there all night.

I spent all day between the science museum section and the aquarium and suddenly it was time for the show.  Once in the auditorium it was learned that the film was broken.  You would think the world was ending with how upset people got.  It worked out perfectly for me.  By now it was already 8:30p so I just got a ticket for the 9pm show which happend to be the Shackleton adventure that I wanted to see in the first place.  That was an incredible show.  IMAX shows are always great.

From there I made my way back to the hostel as it was already late.  A quick, but not rushed, dinner got me in bed by about 1am.

Not a bad day.  Tomorrow is my last day here because of how the train schedule goes.  I´ll catch the 1am train to Granada tomorrow night and will get into Granada at 8am on Thursday.  I think that I´m going to try and spend a bunch of time at the beach if possible.  I should buy some flip-flops.

The dophin show