The big city

Madrid Travel Blog

The train ride to Madrid was nice, but I almost missed the train because I underestimated how long it would take for the bus to get there.  Sevilla had a great bus system that was cheap too but it was slow...I guess all busses are.

Once in Madrid I checked into my hostel, The Cat's Hostel.  During the day it seemed that it was in a bit of a rough neighborhood but then I found out it is withen walking distance of the Prague Museum and the Royal Gardens, the Navel Museum, and all of the other museums near there.

I went to the Prague after a visit to the museum.  The Prague is almost 4 floors worth of stuff.  The basement and top floor only had a few things to offer.  They had a Picasso exhibit going on which was great because they organized it by time so at the beginning you saw his early works and at the end you saw his later stuff.  After seeing it in that way I think he realized that he couldn't draw like others so he started to smoke cocaine and the rest is history.  Needless to say I'm not an art fan so I'm sure a lot of things slip past me.

From there I went to the Navel Museum only to find they were closed.  After a quick stop in the hostel I started looking for a phone card.  I've went through a few of them and all have been great until recently when I've been unable to call one number...it just won't go through.  My thought was that it was the card but then I tried several other cards without success so I just ended up using the cards up on those people I could get in touch with.  Then it was dinner time.

By now it was 1230 in the morning and everything was hopping.  The restaurants were definatly still open which I still can't get over.  Dinner was at an italian joint that was small but the food was great.  I really like how they put tuna fish in their salads.  I've had several salads in Spain where they did that and it was done in France too.  I'll have to try it at home and see how it goes.

A nice full day.  I`m here until I fly back to Dublin on the 9th so I hope to spend time relaxing, going to the zoo, theme park etc.

Madrid Hostels review
When I first found the hostel I felt it was in a rough neighborhood.  It is just off of Calle de Atocha which is a major street you can find easi… read entire review
Madrid