Is the barber here?

Sevilla Travel Blog

The train ride here was uneventful but since it was a local train we stopped pretty frequently.  My trip, in hinsight, seems to be a lot of Andalucia which is the southern part of Spain.  Cadiz, Granada, and Sevilla are all part of this province which is known for its heat and fleminco.  Additionally there is clearly a strong arab influance in their art and buildings.

I found my hostel, the Triana Backpacker's hostel, rather quickly.  Sevilla has an extensive bus system and currently they are building their first metro rail line.  I think it is going to be underground, but I'm not sure yet.  There is a lot of construction going on though.

As my first stop I went to the Isla Magica, the amusement park here in Sevilla.  It was great.  A wonderful break from sightseeing.

Half of the adventure was getting there.  Sevilla has several busses that run circular routes and they are the easiest ones to ride.  I jumped on, but jumped off too early and ended up with a huge walk.  I must have walked a full hour down the road towards the park.  When I finally made it there I learned that the bus I was on would have passed right next to the park anyway.

The park closed at 2300 so I wandered back to the hostel stopping at a nice Italian resturant and having a pizza and a few beers.

To answer my question I found that there are barbers here...in fact there are a lot of them.  There seems to be more of them then there are cafes.

Sevilla Hostels review
This place is great.  It is situated just south of the main river in the Triana neighborhood, not too far from the Plaza Cuba where two of the ci… read entire review
Sevilla Sights & Attractions review
The Isla Magica is the amusement park located here.  It was a great experience especially for a break from sightseeing.  The general theme i… read entire review
Sevilla