Sightseeing

Sevilla Travel Blog

Two of the major sights here in Sevilla are the cathedral and the Alcazar so that's what I did today.  The cathedral is definatly big, a lot bigger then I expected.  I guess the guys that planned it said that they wanted a church so big that when people saw it they would think the city was crazy.  They were right.  This church seemed as big as the one in Rome and it had small areas along the wall where they could hold sermons as well.  They also had, interestingly enough, the remains of Christopher Columbus.  I read in the guide book though that now that they've done some testing on these they beleive that the remains are actually of Columbus' son and that the remains of Columbus are elsewhere.

From the church I went to the Alcazar, another royal palace type place with lots of gardens.  This too was very pretty but nothing compared to the Alhambra.  Both the Alcazar and the Church costed 7€ to get into and the audio guides were 3€ for a total of 10€ for each place.  Not bad.  I was a little suprised at the church costing money but it was a good sight.

After my sightseeing I just wandered the town for a bit.  It's just pretty..and to think that people live and work here is amazing to me.

Sevilla