Here comes the beach!

Cadiz Travel Blog

The beach is long here.

I arrived in Cadiz this morning after almost missing the train.  My alarm didn't go off and I don't know why.  Regardless I made it here after about a 5 hour train ride.

Cadiz is definatly a smaller town and because of that siesta time is even more noticable.  I found a nice hotel which didn't cost too much but I finally have my own room, shower, etc. Today is a Sunday so many things were closed just because of that but the beach was hopping.  It was so busy that I just walked by.  I also walked by some of the few landmarks they have here.  This town is basically a place for the beach, and there's not so much in the way of sightseeing because it is pretty small.

There are two basic parts.  The old part which has large dock which I saw a cruise ship docked at, and then a newer section.  There are three large beaches which I look forward to spending a little time at.

Dinner consisted of 6 small 'bocadillos' or sandwiches and a glass of 'vino de verano' which is red wine mixed with juice. I chose orange juice and it was actually pretty good.  I am still amazed at the number of ice cream shops in Spain and Cadiz is no exception.  Everywhere sells it and there are a lot of stores that sell only it.  I'm suprised that there are so many skinny people here.

The beach is long here.
One of the many beautiful building…
One of the many beautiful buildin…
Cadiz Bay
Cadiz Bay
Cadiz Hostels review
This is a small, apparantly family run hotel, yes hotel.  It calls itself a hostel but it is more like a small hotel then a hostel.  I think… read entire review
photo by: Chiquitatina