Leaving Home

Denver Travel Blog

The flight from Denver was good.  We left on time but because it was so hot in Denver the plane couldn't carry enough fuel to get us all the way to Atlanta, GA where my connecting flight to Shannon, Ireland was.  We stopped in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for about 20 minutes while they re-fuled but then because of storms in Atlanta that shut down the airport we had to delay a bit longer.

We arrived in Atlanta at about 1650hrs which was just enough time to eat a Philly Cheesesteak with cheese fries and get to the gate.  This is a very nice airport and it's probably close to the size of Denver's Intl. Airport.  They have 5 terminals.

The flight to Shannon went well.  A few sleeping pills, and 2 Jack n' Cokes and I was out for almost the entire trip. I did manage to read some of my book and watch several many episodes of Ask a Ninja.  Very funny.  I also watched a few episodes of Tiki Bar TV.  The drink of the day was the classic margarita.

I'm at an internet cafe where I can't copy the pictures from my camera yet so I'll try and update later in the trip.

cotterb says:
Good to know. Thanks for the info.
Posted on: Nov 05, 2007