EuropeItalyRome

A long night in Rome!

Rome Travel Blog

First authentic Italian Pizza!

Well on this night we decided it would be a good idea to go on the Spanish Steps Pub Crawl in Rome. We met an American guy named Chris at our hostel so we invited him out with us for the Pub Crawl. The night started off pretty good with all you can drink beer and wine for the first hour of the pub crawl. My bestfriend Ronnie and the American guy named Chris decided it would be a good idea to have a contest to see who could drink the most free beer in the hour(Bad idea! Haha) Well at the end of the hour, Ronnie had finished 11 and Chris had finished 10, starting what would be one of the funniest nights in Italy. As you can imagine, we were all feeling pretty good by the second bar, I managed to down about 6 beers in the first bar due to some persuasion by John(My other travel buddy).

Train station in Rome!
Ronnie and Chris were still going pretty hard in the 2nd bar and eventually Chris gets booted out of the bar for being too drunk. Well that doesn’t last long and he ends up sneaking back in and heads with the rest of us to the 3rd bar. On the way to the 3rd bar there was a girl that had been trying to get my attention all night and finally decided to come over and chat, we ended up hitting it off and decided to have a few drinks together when we got to the next bar. Well one thing leads to another and we end up dancing on the dance floor for most of the rest of the pub crawl. Well shortly after we started dancing, I took my hostel key out cus Ronnie was drunk and wanted to make sure I still had it, well when I took it out, this girl grabs my key and shoves it in her bra. I politely ask for it back and she says that I’ll get it back later. I’m drunk and still having a good time so I decide to just wait it out and see what happens.
The underground trains in Rome
Anyways, we go and sit down for a bit at a table with Erin and Ronnie when Chris(American guy) comes over with a big wet spot on his crotch. I look up at him and he has this weird look on his face and says “well…..I pissed myself!” I guess when he was in line for the washroom he couldn’t hold it anymore and pissed his pants. He didn’t even try hide the fact, he just didn’t care, I guess when you drink 10 beers in 1 hour that’s the way you get.

So this leads us back to my key, the end of the night comes and the girl is getting ready to leave with her friends, I’m asking for my key back and all I get is “I don’t know what you’re talking about ;-)” Notice the wink! Women are evil! My buddy John thinks this is awesome and that I should just go with her to her hostel but I’m unfortunately not one of those guys that will just do that the first time I meet a girl.

The dark overpass we had to go through in the middle of the night to get to our hostel in Rome
Anyways, the girl starts walking with her friends trying to get me to follow and my buddies are trying to get me to go so they end up leaving me with her and head back to the hostel hoping that they can just get in without the key. I end up walking/talking with her friends for the next hour or so trying to get my key back, telling her that I’m not interested in anything else other than getting my key. She seems to think I’m joking but what she doesn’t realize is that I’m not. Finally we get to their hostel(which is right beside Vatican City btw!) and I go in and sit on the couch and she disappears into one of the rooms. Finally I tell her friends to get her, get my key and I’m leaving, at this point I’m actually pretty unhappy with the whole situation, I didn’t mind the whole playing games thing for the first little bit but I don’t want to sleep with this girl so for me it’s just not fun now that I basically have to sleep with her to get the key back.
Authentic Italian Pizza!
Anyways, she comes out and starts asking me to stay and I tell her straight up “No! I want my key and I’m leaving, I’m done playing games!” She finally grabs the key and I start heading for my hostel.

At this point it’s about 3am and I realize about 100 feet from their hostel that I don’t have a damn map and have no idea how to get back. I figure I’ll catch the first cab I see and just tell him to take me to the Yellow House Hostel where we were staying. I started in Vatican City and the hostel was on the other side of the city! I ended up walking for 6 hours without a map through Rome as there wasn’t a single freakin cab anywhere! How could there not be a damn cab anywhere? I couldn’t believe it! Everything was closed and I only knew the general direction of the hostel and I don’t even really know how I knew that. I end up finding the hostel at 9am and come walking in, everyone is just getting up and they all start laughing and asking me how the night went. I refuse to say anything other than “I hate women” and then got like 2 hours sleep before having to get up for the day.

That was my long night in Rome. I guess that night the American guy ended up having sex with some girl in the washroom of one of the clubs, I’d hate to see what kind of girl would have sex in a dirty washroom of some club with a guy that had just pissed his pants shortly before.

I guess the only good thing about the night was that I got to explore a lot of Rome! haha
The underground trains in Rome
The dark overpass we had to go thr…
The dark overpass we had to go th…
Rome