So they pee on this thing???

Blarney Travel Blog

I kissed it!
Blarney was green.  And small.  And centered around its castle.  The Blarney Castle.  Oh, it was historic...for what reason...I still don't know.  And pretty....and smelly...and kissable.  The castle was completely set up for the kissing of the stone at the top.  The rest of the castle was cool, but it was like it didn't matter.  Their pride and joy was attached at the top...small and smooth in stature...and urine infested, apparently.  Yeah, about that...

...I've heard numerous reports, all the same, that locals go up to the top of the castle at night and pee on the stone.  Oh well....it was just one kiss.  Just one kiss won't kill anyone.  So I did it.  I kissed it.  There was a little old man at the top...and he had a job.  His job, for the entire day, was to hold people over the edge of the castle and stretch them out far enough to kiss the stone.  I'll say it was an adrenaline rush, but with some Irishman's hands on you...it was a little sketchy...oh well.  Those Irishmen were great.

Today we also met a man named Seamus (in the gardens next to the castle) and an Emmett.  Pretty awesome.  They had trees...old, Tree of Life looking trees.  We climbed them, got scraped, got pictures.  There were elephant leaves, wishing steps, rain, and many souvenirs in the shape of the stone.

The Blarney Castle was fun....on to Kilarney!  :)
ariel444 says:
exactly - one kiss won't kill! there's also some really cool tunnels under the castle that you can crawl into. and by crawl i mean crawl as they're tiny. but once you get through a little bit of crawling it opens up into some good sized caverns. it was really cool! until i saw the spiders and their eggs hanging above from the ceiling!!!! then i hightailed it out!
Posted on: Jun 11, 2008