Ehh...they had Guinness

Dublin Travel Blog

The famous harp
Dublin...kinda stunk.  Maybe it was because we were there at the wrong time (during the day) or maybe it just rubbed me the wrong way.  It reminded me too much of home, and this was when I was longing to see some native Irish...stuff.  Not home-look-alike land.  The Guinness Brewery was excellent (we got in free...accidentally).  Dublin's castle looked like a church and Trinity College reminded me of nothing at all.  A regular college with a campanile (vastly different from Tech's).  The post office was interesting, and the spire was painful-looking.  But I had a plane to catch...for I was to be in attendance at the final round of The Open!!!!!!  I can't believe it!!!  The British Open...so old, so cool, so far away [usually].  Goodbye Dublin, oh, city of the night, hello Liverpool!

I did it!  I got to the airport by myself and onto the plane by myself!  What some people are forced to do at the age of...well, a lot younger than me, I was proud of myself.  Not being an experienced flyer by any means, I loved traveling and flying and riding and everything.  So getting to the right gate, having my very own plane ticket stubbed off, ahhh...I've done it.  In the air for a grand total of 35 minutes....sweet!  Come back England!
ariel444 says:
i think i agree -- dublin is definitely very modernized and i don't think one can get a feel for ireland if they just decided to visit dublin. ireland is high on my list of favorite countries, and i did still enjoy dublin, it just wasn't my favorite city of those i visited. i much preferred the small country sides...
Posted on: Jun 11, 2008
Guinness Brewery
Guinness Brewery
The spire
The spire
Wales...all I saw of it
Wales...all I saw of it
Dublin Sights & Attractions review
Located in the heart of Dublin is this world famous beer brewery. From the walk around the complex to the tour inside, one can tell this place is ser… read entire review
Dublin