Blarney Stone and all!

Cork Travel Blog

Abrakebabra
My 4th weekend has been spent in Ireland and beyond.  It started off with Cork, Ireland.  The plane ride over was amazing...Ryan Air from London Gatwick to Cork, Ireland.  A330 plane, which included the opportunity to buy baggies (yes, baggies) of alcohol.  I bought a baggy of brandy...it will sit on my desk back at Tech.  Oh yes.

Ireland is soooo beautiful...and we've just seen the airport!  After much confusion about how to hail a taxi (they have a very particular system), we all piled in and made it to our hostel in Cork around 11 o'clock Thursday night.  Bru Hostel and Bar...2nd floor...6 person room.  It was my first hostel experience...and it was actually OK.  Shower, bathroom, breakfast, all nice.

Cork, on the other hand....was pretty industrial.  We walked around for a little bit, but there just wasn't too much to do!  We did find a cool kebab restaurant named, 'Abrakebabra.'  The river running through the city was pretty, but again....that was about it.  Cork was just a pit stop...for tomorrow will bring the Blarney Castle and the Blarney Stone.  Wow, I'm glad we brought my cell phone for an alarm...we would've had a pretty unproductive weekend without it!   Until tomorrow.....goodnight from Cork!
joelennon says:
There's lots to see in Cork if you know where to look. Sounds like ye didn't drift too far from MacCurtain Street and Patrick Street!
Posted on: May 16, 2007