Biking is the best

Killarney Travel Blog

Killarney National Park
So then there was Killarney.  After a pretty good bus ride, we wound up in this thriving little town in southwest Ireland.  Getting there in early afternoon and being situated right next to Killarney National Park, we explored.  Much walking, much scenery, much laughter.  I loved the group I was with.  Really diverse...from a child prodigy turned semi-alcoholic, to the coolest Jewish kids I knew...I love those guys...and girls  :)      Our walks led us to Ross Castle, located in the heart of the national park.  It was beautiful!  There was a wedding reception being held there, so we walked around and took in all that we could.  Lakes that ended in beautiful green mountains and pastures as far as the eye could see.
I didn't do it :)
  Simply breathtaking.

When we got back to our hostel, a few of us wanted more.  So, by way of our generous hostel, we were able to rent bikes at 7 in the evening for the rest of the day.  We trekked to a waterfall about 10 kilometers away.  It was a beautiful ride...scary too when we tried to dodge oncoming traffic in the streets.  But when we got there, we soaked it in.  Absolutely beautiful!  The prettiest countryside I've seen thus far!!!   Ahh!!!

Then a bike lost its tube...and we had to walk it back...about 2 miles until someone had the bright idea to ride back and get the rental guy to come and pick us up.  'Ah, for f^ck's sake!  What happened???'  Yeah, he was pissed.  He was about to go on a date and had to come pick us Americans up.  That was funny though...and scary as hell.  I've never been in a car with an Irishman...and I don't think I ever want to be again.  He drove well...but dangerously well.  Narrowly avoiding people and cars and curbs and buildings....he was skilled, but MAD!  We got back to our hostel safe (thank goodness) and sound...then crashed in our second hostel in as many days.  Next stop, Dublin!
I didnt do it  :)