Koror Travel Blog

Bill and I

“KB Bridge” stands for Koror – Babeldaob Bridge. The bridge is basically connecting two main Islands in Palau, Koror and Babeldaob. It was once collapsed in September 1996.

In January 1997, with the fund from Japanese Government, a new bridge was built by a Japanese Construction and was completed in 2001. Then the name of the bridge was changed to be “Japan-Palau Friendship Bridge.” However, people still call it KB Bridge until now.

This is one of the best places in Palau to see the sunrise and the sunset. People love to swim, party or just simply relaxing around KB Bridge in the afternoon or during weekends. Blasting loud music and good smell of barbeque always give me good feeling when I passed KB Bridge around that time.

I have a lot of memories in this place. But I have two things that I always cherish. First when my best friend, Bill and I swam across KB Bridge. It was not easy because the current is so strong and not so many people had the gut to do it. But we made it! And it was such a good achievement for both of us J

Second when the person I love put a pad lock at the bridge to let me know that he locked his heart for me (*blushing*) He’s so sweet and romantic J

*I posted this in memory of Bill. He passed away last year because of cancer.

rintjez says:
He locked it a night before I lfet Palau for good :(
He threw the key into the ocean! so Yes, the lock is still there until right this minute :)

He had left Palau as well. But it would be great if we go back to Palau together and see the lock is still there :)
Posted on: May 29, 2008
row-zzzzz says:
Is the lock he put there still on the bridge as a reminder to you ... for his love, friendship, and fun ... that will live on in you???? Very nice story!
Posted on: May 29, 2008
rintjez says:
Thanks Carnevale. Now I wanna visit Ponte Vecchio in Florence. Maybe that guy is copying the idea in that place ^_^
Posted on: May 22, 2008
Koror Sights & Attractions review
Jellyfish Lake
You can’t miss Jellyfish Lake when you go to Palau. It is a MUST to visit this place. The lake is a salt water lake, trapping the jellyfish that liv… read entire review
Koror