Hash Run # 491 - #500

Palau Travel Blog

Crazy and fun people in Palau Hash

First time I joined Palau Hash Run was the 491st. Paul Bowen and Jon Vought from Army Corps Engineering set the course. Some of us met around 3:00 p.m. at post office and then went to KB Shell Gas Station to meet the rest of the gang. There were about 18 of us who participated in the Hash Run. From KB Shell, we then headed to Compact Road Project B where the Hash Run would start.

It was an exciting encounter, while running through the jungle finding the right trail was fun. We had to shout “On-On” every time we saw a red ribbon tied to the tree; this meant we were on the right track. My group and I got lost somewhere in the jungle, we then tried to find a way out to the main road and get back to the where we started. When we got back to the “homy” we found out that we went in the opposite direction (no wonder we got lost and I missed the hidden waterfall somewhere along the trail).

There is always what we called Religion after run. We gathered together and enjoyed cold beers and some finger foods. On religion, we gave awards to First Runner Babe and First Runner Boy. Besides, we also introduce the Funny New Girl/Guy! Everyone who joined the run will be called to the front one by one and had to drink the beer from bad pant! However, for the one who doesn’t drink alcohol (like me), we got an option and we called it PALAU OPTION. We could ask someone else to drink our beer but we have to kiss them before they drink it and should kiss them again after they drink. The second kiss should be HOTTER!!

Palau is my Mother Hash and I joined Palau has until the 500th! We had a special celebration on that day and it was real fun!