Bodyboarding - Malekeok Beach

Palau Travel Blog

Once upon a time. Fonzie and I went to body boarding to Malekeok beach. The weather was clear and the waves were calm simply perfect. Since it was the first time, Fonzie gave me some a brief lesson on how to bodyboard.

Then we paddled to the ocean and waited for the big waves to come. At first, I was not able to ride the wave for long and I flipped over many times. I tried really hard and it paid off, finally I rode my first wave.

It was so fast, I had mixed emotions I was scared and excited at the same time, but this was awesome. The next time Fonzie and I rode the same wave everything was perfect until the wave broke and I flipped backward hitting my right knee on the corals. It was really hurt. But that didn't stop me from trying again.

After drinking about 5 gallons of Seawater I was exhausted and ready to call it quits for the day (haha). We headed back to Koror after sun set. I was really happy and proud that I had tried an extreme sport

My right knee was badly injured and I couldn't walk for a week. But I guess that's the price, I have to pay for being an adventurer. Still I seem to enjoy trying out new things and being out nature.